Friday, May 2, 2014

Wings For Life - World Run

Hi there!

So, I know that after I wrote that blog post about having new things up my sleeve I just disappeared, but the reason for that was because I wasn't motivated or inspired to write anything, until now. I learnt today that tomorrow a World Run, organized by the non-profit organization called Wings For Life, will be set all over the world in 33 countries and 6 continents to raise money and awareness for spinal cord research.


I usually don't hear about these events until after they happen, but this time, I got the news about it last minute when my mom showed me some her cousins posting photos in support of the event due to the fact that one my mom's cousins had a spinal cord injury, and is now in a wheelchair.

The slogan of the event is "Running for those who can't" and many of my mother's cousins are running for him tomorrow in Turkey. They made a sort of photo series showing some of them holding up a sign that reads: "I'm running for #Waleed," after seeing that, others started posting photos of themselves holding up signs that say: "I support all those running for #Waleed." 





 
Picture of Waleed with his close family that are planning to
run for him tomorrow in Turkey.

The event will have everyone in all 33 countries run at the same time (10 AM), and 'Catcher Cars' will be pursuing them. The last female and male to stay ahead of the cars will be declared as the champions. To know more about the event, visit its official website, and to learn more about spinal cord injuries, here are some sources to visit

I believe that this event is such a great way to bring awareness to this matter, because it brings others together that are running for friends or family that have been affected by spinal cord injuries and this shows how people can come together to help people others than themselves. It shows how much human beings can affect, influence and accomplish when they unite over one cause with their motive being a positive one intended to help others. 

I really wish the best to everyone running tomorrow and I want to express my admiration to all of you for doing such a great thing. 

Good luck to all of you!


-Yara :)

No comments: