Friday, October 3, 2014

A New Project

Hey!

So much time has passed since I had last laid my fingers upon this beautiful keyboard to write...but alas, it is now time. The main reason is a new project I'm working on with my fellow friend and blogger. Before I share with you the details of the project, I will entertain you with some thoughts that I have had over these past few weeks.

The first of which is death. I know that this is not a pretty subject, but recently it has been crossing my mind a lot following two deaths of people that were close to me and my family, one of which is my friend Tala Dissi, God bless her soul. As I think about it more and more, I am constantly baffled by the concept. I understand that the soul leaves the body, but it seems so odd that someone's soul is there, then it's gone. It still confuses me the more I think of it. 

Another thought related to this morbid process, is the effect of death. Death is easy on the person who dies, but for others close to him/her, it isn't at all. Worse even, what if it was. What if I just go away, and I leave no effect on the world? As I was discussing this with one of my friends, we both agreed we didn't want our time to be up before leaving something valuable behind. Some thing like a life-changing book or an invention that will change the course of history, but it is a known fact that we have no role to play when it concerns the time of our passing, and that's even scarier.

On a less serious note, glitter is made of plastic. Henry Ruschmann found himself with a bunch of plastic, and after he decided to grind it all into tiny bits, he discovered glitter. Yay! It truly is spectacular, the way random things can occur from an issue. I guess a lesson can be learned from this. If you have a bunch of issues, grind them and get some glitter!

This left me thinking how glitter could be used as a weapon. As I was studying, I thought of how odd it is that Molotov cocktails existed. It's proof that humans can make weapons out of everything. At the very moment, I thought of how glitter and Steryllium could become a weapon, since they were in my peripheral vision. The end result is this: You add the glitter to the Steryllium then you shake it up. After you're done, you spray the mixture at your attacker. At this point, you can either run and be gunned down by a henchman, or laugh and be gunned down. You choose. If you can think of other ways glitter can be used a s a weapon, please tell me in the comments. I have too much glitter, too many enemies, and too little time.

Finally, I have stated in my previous that I joined the school magazine. On Wednesday, I sent the editor-in-chief my first article, and as soon as the school magazine is online, YOU WILL KNOW! I'm so excited about it! Yay!

Now! The project is a joint project with Jad, my friend and fellow blogger of the wonderful blog throughmyseriouseyes.weebly.com. The plan is to write a story with each other. However, I'm going to write one chapter, without telling him about what I'm going to write, and then he will follow suit on his blog. Each week one of us will write a chapter, until eventually we will reach the end. I don't know what we'll do then, but until then our writing will continue in this fashion. The first chapter will be written by me, so keep a close eye on this stupendous blog of mine during this Eid holiday.

Alas my friends, this is the end of our journey for now, until next time.

-Yara :)

P.S.: I bet most of you have realized the change in the blogs theme. Please tell me what you think in the comments! Thanks!

No comments: