Friday, August 8, 2014

The Girl Who Could Fly

There once was a girl who could fly

She had no wings, but could somehow reach the sky

I could always see her from the garden outside

And whenever I caught her eye I would run and hide

I never saw how she flew

But I guess it's just a thing that she could do


I always imagined her walking on a cloud

Or watching the birds that were being too loud

Then something peculiar started to happen

Every day I found a present near where the bed sheet was tucked in

The first day I thought it was my mom

But she denied it with a flimsy sense of calm

After I assured her no one had broken in to my room

I opened the first box sensing a certain loom

In the first box I found a rock that glowed

And in the second I found an unbreakable code

And as the boxes kept coming to me

The girl that flew became more and more of an absentee

When the boxes stopped showing up

The girl's flights came to a sudden stop

I checked to see if the girl was next door

But as I rang the door bell my hope for her was no more

I went to look at the presents again 

To see if there were clues hidden in the ten

I spent most of the day and most of the night

And at last I got a result all right

So I placed the presents in a particular fashion in the yard

I read the code aloud as I placed them in a shape that was starred 

I told my mom not to move anything outside

I told her by tomorrow night it would be put aside

And alas tomorrow night came

My parents were asleep and at ten'o'clock I saw the tame flame

I smiled to myself as the code had come true

And the curse the girl was under would undo

The very next day I went out to the garden and there she was

The girl was preparing to fly and winked at me but I didn't hide because

She would show me today how to fly

And then I could have my own experiences up in the sky

------------------------------------------

So finally I am back to writing on the blog and I do hope it would be on a regular basis. I have a lot to tell you guys, but I will leave that to another blog post. I hope you liked this poem. I've always entertained the thought of flying and I just love looking up at the sky with all the clouds, which always look amazing. I imagine that nowadays it would be very dangerous to fly, since there are planes nowadays, but if you managed to fly in a remote country, maybe it won't be so dangerous. Anyways, I hope you liked it and tell me what you think in the comments.





No comments: