Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 2: The Planning

Hello there!

A lot has happened since I last posted. My mom's friend saw one of my drawings and showed it to her friend, who is a bookstore owner and called my mom to offer me a job that includes myself helping kids with arts and crafts during the summer, after she heard that I wanted a summer job, which is amazing, and I want to thank her so very much! 

Another thing I am planning for is going to the Dead Sea tomorrow with my dad, mom, sister and cousin to spend the day and my grandparents are joining us later on for lunch. There is also a possibility my family and I are going to one of Jordan's landmarks over the weekend, and the main option we have decided on is Petra, which is an amazing city, and one of the seven wonders of the world, so...

To add to that, I am planning to go to an art centre next week to check out the classes there. The mixed martials art class trial has been postponed to Thursday, because a friend and I have agreed to go with one another, and she couldn't make it today, and I can't make it tomorrow, so Thursday was a perfect time for both of us. My mom's friend has also offered a cooking class to me, if I gather enough friends to come with me to take the class. 

And wait! There's more! My mom and I are going to check out a French learning centre here in Jordan, but until then I have downloaded the app Duolingo to teach me a few of the basics. I am also planning to go and visit a few galleries and museums, as well as going to Rainbow Street when I have the time! 

One thing I am really looking forward to is visiting Books@Cafe. It functions as a regular cafe with books and magazines to read from, and my mother has informed me it sometimes has art displays and other events. I can't wait!

On a side note, I have recently added a follow me widget on the top of the page where you can follow me on some social networks and subscribe to my blog (using the orange button on the right), and a sharing widget on the side of the blog to make it easier for all of you to share it with your friends. Also, please note that to comment on the post you need to be logged in to Google before you publish it, because there has been an instance where the comment was accidently deleted, so this is just a friendly heads-ups.

To end this off, I want to say thank you to everyone who has been showing me support, and tell me below on what you're planning to do in the future, and while you're at it, recommend some places in Jordan for me to visit. Love you all!


-Yara :)


No comments: