Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dislike VS Hate

Hi there! 

So I saw this post on Sinatra on Sundays where the author was talking about the power of threes. It means that if something is mentioned or seen three times, then the person must do something about that 'something'. The day after I read that post, something was mentioned to me three times throughout the day. It was the difference between dislike and hate. So I decided to write about it, however I kept stalling it for days because of events that occured, but I am finally sitting down and writing about it.

The topic isn't such a big deal or a significant thing that will change your life forever, however when I try to communicate my feelings to people, I like them to understand exactly what I am feeling instead of thinking something completely different and misinterpreting it. Therefore, I want to write about the difference between the two words, in my personal opinion.

Hate, to me, is a very strong word. Whenever someone says hate, I immediately associate that with complete emotional detachment from that person and the decline of viewing that person as a human being, but rather a 'thing'. So a person who hates another person, in my opinion, will not care if he/she hurts them and won't sympathise with them when they go through dark phases. Since hate is a strong word, hatred, as a feeling, is very strong, and sometimes hatred can take over people's life and force those people to waste their lives exacting revenge on a person, who most probably isn't worth it.

On the other hand, the word dislike is much more gentle. Whenever I hear someone expressing their dislike towards another person, I associate that with them feeling aggravated from that person, or disapproving their actions in any way. Therefore, whenever you dislike someone, you will still see them as human beings who have feelings and emotions and who go through tough spots just like you, but they'll be people you wouldn't particularly want to be close to or people you wouldn't want to befriend.

Although, those two feelings are normal, a happy life is a life that doesn't involve disliking others or wasting your time or emotions on people that don't deserve it. A happy life, to me, is a life that involves spending time with loved ones and doing what you love to do, without giving those who give you a hard time a second thought. The problem is that it's so hard to be nice to everyone and simply forgive those you dislike/hate, but I believe that it's definitely worth it to give it a try.

Maybe tomorrow, instead of insulting or making fun of someone you don't like at school/work/favorite cafe/etc... you can greet them with a friendly greeting or even compliment them. I guess that if we start acting friendly with everyone and start letting go of all the negative feelings we have, we can start to focus on ourselves and the people we love and those who support us. This will eventually lead to happy relationships with others and a better lifestyle in general.

I'm not saying that I personally have achieved this happy lifestyle that involves me letting go of the negative and bringing the positive closer to me and hanging on to it with my dear life, but I am trying to step a little out of my little bubble and become friendlier with everyone I meet, strangers or acquaintances or otherwise, and I think we should all try it together, because there really isn't anything to lose, so why not?

-Yara :)


P.S.: If you like this post don't forget to comment and share it with all your friends by clicking the addition sign on the right-hand side of the screen (if you're on your computer, if you're not, check out the options below).

No comments: