Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 10: SheYoga

Hi there!

So on Wednesday, I went to the yoga class in SheFighter. The trainer there was incredibly flexible. There was a move called the downward dog (I'll put a picture below), and when she did it, her body was formed into a perfect triangle. 

Anyways, when the class was about to start, most of the lights were switched and a chocolate-smelling spray was sprayed all over the room. The trainer sat in the front of the room and talked us through some breathing exercises. After that was done, we were talked through some moves. A few were really complicated, but most were simply new and challenging. We repeated a few techniques (some of which are below), but the most relaxing part was at the very end. 

All of the lights were switched off, and we were all told to lay down on the floor and close our eyes. The trainer told us to relax our whole body and focus on our breathing. There a few minor disturbances (a little boy talking, a cell phone rang, and the founder was in some kind of interview in the background), but after we opened our eyes and sat up, it was like something came over me. I felt calm and relaxed and I started talking in a lower volume and slower pace. 

I will definitely go to this class again, if only for that last part. It was very relaxing, and I aim to become as flexible as the trainer (who mastered the art in China) one day, although I am certain it will take a lot of work. If you are or were practicing yoga, tell me about your experience below, I would love to hear all about it!

-Yara :)


Downward Dog
Straight Forward Bend
Tree Pose
Beginner's Gate
Dancer
Image Links:   yogajournal.com   fitsugar.com

No comments: