Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 9: Go-Karting and The Automobile Club

Hi there! 

Today, I went to my friend's birthday "gathering" at Speed Center. I arrived there with two of my friends and met with the other girls. We went down to the track and we had to put on hair-nets and then a helmet over it. I got into my kart and the guy started its engine. I pressed the gas pedal really hard and I started to swerve a lot. During the fifteen minutes we were on the tracks, I got stuck about seven times, and bumped into the sidelines too many times to count. Eventually, the guy working there got really sick of pulling me out of the tight places I've pushed myself into, that he told me to slow down everytime he saw me. 

After we were done, I realized that I was the worst and slowest driver of the bunch. However, I was able to laugh at the rest, so it was all okay at the end. We later had lunch, and after that we sang 'Happy Birthday' to her and ate cake (red velvet and Ferrero Rocher). When all of that finished, we just sat around and chatted with one another, while looking at the track, until it was time to leave. 

Then my friend and I went the Jordanian Automobile Club, where we goofed around in the playground and in the arcade. When we got bored we simply sulked around and kept nagging at our mothers to take us home. I went home first.

Now here I am, sitting at home, clicking away on my computer while watching The Good Wife. Which concludes that it was a good day and I can't wait to see what wonders tomorrow beholds!

-Yara :)

No comments: