Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Birthday! Finally!

Hello there! 

So I have made yet another promise, that I have broken, which is why I vow to make no more promises; I'm only breaking them, on a more important topic, my sister's finally occurred, and I finally have all of the photos! I will post a picture and tell you of all the agonizing things we had to do to complete it and finish it.

Balloon! They covered the entire floor of our saloon, and they looked magnificent, but they took  such an effort to be blown up it was unbelievable! Never again (another promise I'm going to break :t)!






 Most of the things you see in these photos were made by mother and my sister. They put a thread through all of the foam and cotton balls and my mom got a ladder and started to hang them on the ceiling. The snowflakes my sister and I did (she made most of them) and I did the big 3D paper snowflake you can see in the photo upper left side. Then there's the blue and silver banner-like things which we hung up beside the windows and on the two chandeliers. The photo on the upper right corner is a photo of the door's entrance, where I personally hung up the threads while standing on an almost shaky table. It was very scary to get down off of the table, but worth it because after that came these...


On the desk, we put luminaries made of paper that my friends and I did, and in between them we placed the party favors. The party favors were a plastic bag containing edible 'snowman parts' (marshmallows, pretzel sticks, gummy drops and gummy teeth, for they were inspired by Olaf), then we wrapped the bags with a thin blue paper (don't know it's name) and placed a white string around. To end it all, we placed a label that read 'Snowman Parts'. They looked (and tasted) amazing!



When the guests came, we had them play a game called Pin the Nose on the Olaf (and his Buttons too). I drew Olaf on a white cardboard and glued him onto a red cardboard. Then I cut out a nose from orange foam and buttons from black cardboard. The kids were later blindfolded and they had to pin the pieces on to the snowman correctly. Nobody did it right, On most occasions the nose was in between Olaf's eyes and he was eating buttons as well, but they had a lot of fun! 



 Last, but not least is the food! The cake was pre-ordered from the Cakery, so were the cookie shown in the picture on the right. We also made blue jello and blue cupcakes and we placed marshmallows in really giant glasses, while other marshmallows were dipped in white chocolate, and then in sprinkles and served. My personal favorites were the chocolate balls dipped in coconut. Unlike the traditional ones, there wasn't any crackers involved. We just mushed chocolate cake and then poured chocolate syrup on it, rolled them into sphere-like figures and dipped them in coconut. We later placed them, and the white chocolate-dipped marshmallows, in the fridge overnight. There savory foods, but the photo was incredibly blurry. They consisted of chicken nuggets, a salad (tabouleh), and an assortment of sandwiches.

All of the girls invited came dressed up as movie characters. They didn't want their pictures posted, but I would gladly tell you what they wore. The birthday girl (my sister) wore a hand-made Olaf costume, which turned out to be more of an Elsa costume, but either way it looked fabulous! One of my cousins wore Jessie from Toy Story 2, while my other cousin dressed up as Tiana, from the Princess Frog. One of my sister's friends wore Penelope von Schweetz, from Wreck-it-Ralph, while another dressed up as a ballerina. Then there was Sam Sparks, from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and Minnie Mouse and Snow White and an evil witch. I was dressed up as Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, not posting my picture either.

It was an overall fun party, and my sister definitely enjoyed it. Don't forget to comment below on what you think and share it with all your friends.

See you soon...

-Yara :)

P.S.: So I was trying very hard to disconnect myself from the internet these past three days, while the blog and VOIP programs were the exception. As you may have expected I failed miserably, it was like relapsing back to my internet addiction. However, I have had a lot of time to focus on creating, and one thing I have worked on is my handwriting. I used to write in very tiny cursive, so sometimes teachers can't read it properly so I got out a handwriting tracing book and I started practicing all over again. Now I am writing bigger letters and with more spacing, which is great. So for my current goal, I have accomplished a fifth of it, I still have to improve on my writing style, my handwriting in Arabic and in English in print. I also want to start learning how to write calligraphy-like handwriting, which is part of the plan. Anyways, very long P.S., see you later!

EDIT: A lot of these ideas were not my own, so here are the links to the original websites:
http://www.playpartypin.com/2014/01/disneys-frozen-party-game-for-kids.html

Full of great ideas if you want to throw a Frozen-themed birthday party.











2 comments:

Halazeine said...

Yara, sounds like a beautiful party. It also sounds to me as if the preparation and decoration were as much fun as the party itself!
Don't worry about breaking promises. The point of the promise is that you do the goal you have in your mind and not so much as to when you do it. I work with lists, and if you make a list of the things you want to do and then prioritize the list. Later in about a month or so you can revisit the list and feel great about all things you did as you tick off the items. I do also detailed lists at home, work and before all that at school.
I get the feeling from your posts that you are good at keeping promises but maybe you have too many goals and too little time so prioritize your goals and then set out do the goals one item at a time.

Goodluck,

Your fan,
Hala

Unknown said...

You are definitely right about the preparations process, it was a blast!
Thanks for the advice about the lists and prioritizing, I do have a bunch of school work, but I don't want my entire purpose to be school, which is why I started this blog and set all these goals. I am trying to set my priorities straight, while adding a few things to my day-to-day life that I enjoy and that give me instant positive feedback.

Loving that I have a fan! Thanks you :*