Saturday, March 22, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

 This post is dedicated to the best mother I could ever have, thank you for everything you have ever done for me. I owe you everything I have...

Hi there! 

So as some of you know, I have been working on eating healthier for these two upcoming weeks. For the past week I have been eating more fruits and vegetables and lowering the amount of carbs I eat (rice, pasta). I also eat more protein than before, and lower the amount of rice I eat. I am eating an apple and a banana every day, and nowadays I have been eating oranges, too. I did eat a few unhealthy things during the week, but not as much as previously (I can count them all on my fingers) which is a great improvement on before where I used to eat one everyday, or sometimes two. This following week I am going to explore a few healthy recipes to try and I'll tell you guys about what happens there. 



Eating healthy is most often accompanied by exercise, however for three weeks, I haven't been able to do so due to an accident with a jump rope that left my left leg with a big bruise the size of my knee! Thankfully, it was only a bruise and nothing more. 

http://funstoc.com
I have been obsessing these past weeks over the books of the GONE series -and I still am- but I have recently went and watched Divergent (a book adaptation) in the cinemas with a few of my friends, one of them I haven't seen in a while and I was really glad I could see her. It was so great! It has a very talented cast and is loyal to the book while setting its own path in a way. It has the amazing Shailene Woodley (who will star in the Fault In Our Stars movie) and the beautiful Theo James (!!!). Both have have amazing chemistry on screen making their relationship very real. The rest of the cast is equally talented, however there were a few differences between the actors and the characters in the book *cough* Will *cough*. Despite that, it's a great film the kept me on edge the whole time, and even brought me to tears, regardless to the fact I read the book. If you are planning to go to the cinema, then you should definitely watch this dystopian movie (BEWARE: contains violence). 

Moving on to the title of this post, yesterday was Mother's Day in the Arab World, and as most children, my sister and I have made a few gifts for our beautiful mother. My sister and my father woke up super early to make her breakfast, I woke up a little while after them and helped them. Then my sister and I gave her our cards, and I gave her a fridge magnet, and my mom likes her fridge magnets.  Then later in the day, I gave her a poster I made for her and a greeting card spelled out with chocolates. However, I hadn't taken a picture of it before it was opened (and eaten), but here are the other gifts.


My card from the inside. 

My card from the outside.
Bought as a card created
by patients from the King
Hussien Cancer Foundation.
The envelope of my card.

My sister's card.
The poster based on
this poster.
The fridge magnet.



That's all for this week, but check in next Saturday to see how I progress farther in my goal, and maybe I would've finished the GONE series, and I could review to you all. Have a great day, week and if this is the last time you read my blog, a great life.

Love you all!

-Yara :)

No comments: