Saturday, March 15, 2014

Results of Art Goal!

Hi there!

So those of you who regularly read my blog already know that I have been working on improving my artwork for a these past couple weeks. Last week, I posted the progress I have done then, so this week I will show you everything I have done over the past two weeks:


COMICS: 

Scooby-Doo:

Scooby-Doo's eyes changing with
every emotion. His eyes are
egg-shaped, not round and his
eyes cross, when he's
concerned or scared.
Distinctive features of Shaggy
 and Scooby-Do, with a few of Daphne's.
I wanted to continue the rest of
the gang, but I enjoyed drawing
Scooby-Doo and Shaggy more,
so I focused on them.

Random shapes to start me off with the basics, then the faces of all five characters. Most of them look accurate, but Daphne  is unrecognizable.


 How To Draw Comics-my Sketchbook:


More SFX and sound effects
with movement lines and
few facial expressions.
Pencil strokes and shading
with speech bubbles and
lettering.
SFX and sound effects
varying in shading, size and
design.


SCHOOL ARTWORK:

Painting:

Tugboat On the Siene by Chatou
Painting I mostly worked on
 at school for art class. It's 
a replica of the Fauvist
 painting of the painting
 on the right (description
of it is below). The differences
are many, but I'm proud
 of it nonetheless. 

VS 

Pencil Drawing:

This was a research drawing
it's a replica of the painting on
the right, and it has a little
information about Fauvism,
so if you zoom in you can see
that.
Green Stripe, by Henry Matisse.


VS
ORIGAMI:

All of the Origami

Flower Orgami

Origami Dog


Origami Cat
Origami Boat


Origami Box (Bottom Half)
Origami Box (Upper Half)


Origami Box (Put Together)


My Pride and Joy! The Origami Thumping Heart

That's almost everything I have done these two weeks, if you want to see more, then check out my last post. For now that's all I have done, but I plan on completing the Scooby-Doo and How-To-Draw Comics books and when I do, I will definitely tell you.


Moving on to reading, I have already wrote about the GONE series, and how I have finished the first of the series. Now, I have finished the second, HUNGER, and it's so AMAZING! I can't wait to start reading the third one! I tried explaining to a few people, but it has a very complicated story. In a very, very summarized version, it revolves around an area where everyone over fifteen years old disappears. Then, we, as readers find out that some kids have started developing mutant powers. This is followed by conflicts over power, food and the lack of work. If you are looking for a new book to get hooked on, this is definitely the one you should check out if you like escapism and science fiction.


Speaking of books, the trailers of two movie adaptations of books have come out. They're so popular nowadays on the Internet, and if you didn't know which two books I'm talking about, I'm talking about Divergent by Veronica Roth and The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I haven't gotten around to reading the latter, but it is on the top of my reading list (after the remaining four books of the GONE series). However the first one I have read, I have also read the second one of the series, and I am about to read the third. If you guys have read either of them, or any of the GONE series, tell me what you think of them in the comments.

I will finish this off by saying (writing) that I will work on eating healthier these following two weeks, and the way I will do that is try to find good, tasty recipes of the Internet or from one of my mom's cookbooks. I will also keep a food diary, which will encourage me to substitute unhealthy/junk food with healthier one. 

Have a great evening (morning/afternoon), and I will hopefully see you later!

-Yara :)

No comments: