Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Six Word Stories -Writing Challenge

Guess who broke their promises again? me... :(

To be fair, I have been busy. I have been reorganizing my room, which has taken three days, as well as volunteering at ILearn Center for kids with learning disabilities. Also, I'm lazy. However, I'm back and I want to try out writing six-word stories. As some of you may know, Ernest Hemingway was the first to make six-word stories popular in recent literature with his story: "For Sale: Baby shoes, never worn." There were other news articles out at the time that had similar titles, such as "Little Shoes, Never Worn," which was written about a woman who had lost her baby to death. Anyways, he was definitely the one that popularized fast fiction, and I will attempt to do so myself.

My first step was to find a website that gave me random word lists and then scroll through and stop without looking. Whichever word/phrase I land on I will write about. Some are sad, some are jolly, I tried to make it a mix between the two. Here are my results...Enjoy!

1. Highway


Slowing cars, nosy drivers, two bodies. 
 

2. Eyes


Her passionate eyes destroyed obstacles ahead.

3. Water


Both droughts and tsunamis can kill.  

4. Signature


Written in ink, signed in blood.

5. Gemstone


Amongst the rocks, lies a gemstone.

6. Bowl


Two bowls, one choice: Eternal Happiness.

7. Spot Light  


Bright lights aren't seen amongst others.

8. Man


Hope: abandoned. He crouched and wept.

9. Solid


Solid evidence: it was love, indeed. 

10. Umbrella


Fought rain, couldn't fight the thoughts.


*****

 I hope you liked those, and I would love to see any of you try it out. Have a great day!




No comments: